Why Is It Important to Inspect the Playgrounds for Children?
Friday, July 20, 2018
It’s difficult to find a child who has never been to a local playground or wouldn’t like to go to one!
It’s because these local playgrounds offer kids such activities and playground equipment that children don’t have at their homes. When parents bring their children here they need to know that all the play equipment that they see here is safe for their children.
Even when the design and maintenance of these public playgrounds is supposed to provide kids with a safe and sound environment to play, there are more than 200,000 children who get injured in these playgrounds each year, according to National Recreation and Park Association. Moreover, these accidents can be severe and cause about 15 deaths annually.
If truth be told, these injuries and deaths could have been avoided by proper and timely playground inspections.
Like any other man-made equipment, these swings, seesaws and monkey bars can get damaged with time and may cause injuries to children who play on them. That’s why as of January 1st, 2000, a federal regulation has been enforced that requires all public playgrounds to be inspected by certified services.
Here are some of the common reasons why public playgrounds must be inspected by professional services to ensure the safety of the children.
Playground Injuries & Deaths Are Common
Protection From Falls
- More than 200,000 injuries are reported in the emergency rooms of the hospitals.
- 23% of these reported injuries were caused by flawed designing of playground equipment, improper assembly and broken or damaged equipment
- Some injuries are caused owing to the child getting trapped in the playground equipment. These issues include head entrapment because of small entrances or improper spacing of the guardrails.
- Several falls from faulty or incorrectly anchored equipment result in deaths. Sometimes children lose their lives if their clothes get entangled with chains and ropes on the playground equipment.
Playground Equipment Maintenance
- There are special materials that are placed under the equipment in the playgrounds in order prevent the kids from falling and getting hurt. This material is placed by the inspection authorities.
- Proper playground inspection will ensure that the playing areas do not have the surfaces of concrete or grass. This is not acceptable as such surfaces increase the chances of children getting injured.
If you own a playground and you’re in search of taking the right steps in order to make it safe for the children to come there and play, then do not delay its maintenance at any cost. Contact Mac Athletics and let our certified inspectors take care of the rest. We’ll ensure that your play area is absolutely free from any harm for children, and that all the necessary legal compliance and standards are met.
- A thorough playground inspection makes sure that if there is any maintenance required in the playground equipment, it is caught and repaired before anyone gets injured.
- Playground equipment can get damaged over time. They can bend or get broken. These bends and broken edges can cause cuts and lacerations if not taken care of on time.
- The wooden benches can get damaged and broken due to weather conditions. A child can get splinters or may get snagged on the loose wooden pieces.
- Guardrails can go loose with time if not repaired. That’s why children lose their balance and fall while tugging and pushing on them.
01/18/2019 - Why Fair Court Rim Testing Is
11/23/2018 - Wrestle Your Way to a Healthy
09/21/2018 - 5 Most Essential Features of P
07/20/2018 - Why Is It Important to Inspect
05/18/2018 - 5 Reasons how Sports Could Anc
03/21/2018 - The Love for Sports Around The
01/24/2018 - 4 Things to Consider When Open
08/31/2017 - Goal Post Goals
05/31/2017 - Team Sports and Kids: Benefits