Goal Post Goals
Thursday, August 31, 2017
Football is back and the season is heating up quickly. By now, you’ve probably spent a significant amount of time readying your field for the team. It never fails, though, that something is overlooked, or not an option due to time or budget constraints. MAC Athletics can help. We offer a vast selection of football equipment, as well as expert installation, maintenance and repairs.
Goal posts are often ignored while the bleachers and turf get attention. But as large structures, they present serious hazards if not well maintained. Here are some common problems we see during goal post inspections:
· Indoor goal posts used outside (or vice versa). Indoor and outdoor posts will vary in size, material, and anchoring and should only be used in the intended environment.
· Goal posts not anchored or anchored incorrectly. Even a portable goal post much be secured to prevent injury to nearby players.
· Goal posts used for the wrong sport. We can install combination soccer/football goal posts, but those not intended as such should not be rigged.
· Goal posts are the incorrect size for the league(s) playing on the field. Specifications for height, weight, and installation vary from one league to the next.
· Rusted or damaged goal posts still in use. We can repair some issues, but weakened goal posts should be replaced immediately.
· Missing or damage goal posts pads. Yet another way to protect players from injury is to add quality goal post pads.
· Improper installation. Even if you have everything else right, faulty installation can put your team at risk.
We know there is a lot to consider and keep up with. Let MAC Athletics help with routine inspections and maintenance. If your post does need to be replaced, we will help you select a post that is compliant with NCAA, NFHS, or applicable league standards. Give us a call at 419-501-2662 or contact us online to get started.